Creating Chia plots using Bladebit on Akash Platform
Today, we are going to learn : -
- Creating wallet on chia software.
- Creating wallet and certificate on Akashlytics.
- Writing SDL for the deployment.
- Monitoring Logs.
- Checking plots on persistence storage.
- Closing the deployment.
Creating wallet on chia software : -
Once the chia software is installed. Create or Import a wallet.
Once the wallet is loaded. We require farmer key to make plots. Open the terminal and move to this directory.
root@VivoBook:~$ cd /usr/lib/chia-blockchain/resources/app.asar.unpacked/daemon
Use the following command to get the farmer key : -
root@VivoBook:~$./chia keys show
Sample Output : -
Copy and save the output, we will need later.
Creating wallet and certificate on Akashlytics : -
Install the Akashlytics tool. You have the option to create or import the wallet. Make sure Edgenet is selected.
Create certificate if you are missing. Revoke it if needed.
Writing SDL for the deployment : -
For deployment, we require a Stack Definition Language (SDL) which will contain all the necessary information like how much CPU cores, Ram, storage, number of instances and much more. You can get more information by checking out the Akash official documentation.
- port: 8080
- global: true
- FARMERKEY=<YOUR KEY>
- size: 1Gi
- name: data
Make sure to replace “FARMERKEY” with your key obtained in the first step.
Let's deep drive into the SDL : -
- Service Section : In this section, we define our app configuration like port, docker image, env and args. We are using the CryptoAndFriends Docker image “Akash-chia”. Important thing to note here is that we have mentioned the mounted storage as /plots.
- Profile Section : It contains all the specs of your deployment machine like Ram, Storage, CPU Cores and the Cost. Here we have defined the 420 Gb Ram and 512 Gb storage because we are using BladeBit.
- Deployment Section : It contains how many instance of your application we require.
BladeBit Plotter : Fast Chia (XCH) RAM-only k32-only Plotter which is highly efficient and reliable.
Deploying chia plot : -
On the Akashlytics homepage, click on create deployment.
Check if everything is fine or not. If you are finding some issues. It might be due to wrong steps being followed.
Click on Continue button.
Select the “From a file” option and choose the file, we had made previously.
Verify your SDL file before preceding next.
Once everything is fine, Click on Create Deployment button.
From the list of bidders, select one bid which suits you and click on Accept Bid.
Once the lease is created. Your deployment will start.
Click on Logs to monitor the deployment.
Wait for 60 seconds, then it will start copying and downloading required files.
Logs will look like this once plotting chart starts.
Checking plots on persistence storage : -
Scroll down to the deployment page and click on the port exposed to open the plotter manager.
Once the chart is successfully generated, you can see in the plotter manager. It takes approx 5–10 minutes to move the chart to persistence storage in the plotter manager.
Closing the deployment : -
Once you are done with the plotting, you can close the deployment whenever you wish too.
Summary : -
We had learned how to create wallets on Chia and Akash, writing SDL, selecting bids, monitoring logs and closing deployment.